Pacific Whale Foundation - Lanai Snorkel & Dolphin Watch
Double Your Fun
Promotion! If you're booking the Lanai Snorkel & Dolphin Watch and
also booking the Molokini & Turtle Arches snorkel call for a combo
Come aboard the Ocean Quest and head over to the neighbor island of Lanai. The island's south shore has been rated as one of the top 10 snorkel and dive spots in the world. The pristine waters are part of a marine life conservation district, meaning that the marine life is abundant and there is nothing that would disturb it.
Departing from Lahaina Harbor, you'll travel across the Auau Channel to Lanai. Once you arrive, the vessel will stop just offshore and you can jump in. Explore the spectacular coral reefs, home to a variety of tropical fish and turtles. Dolphins are commonly seen as well, including spinner, spotted and bottlenose dolphins.
- Cruise from Maui to Lanai across the Auau Channel
- Snorkel along Lanai's south shore, home to spectacular reef and abundant marine life
- Chance to see turtles and dolphins in their natural habitat
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Professionally fitted, premium snorkel gear including optical masks for eyeglass wearers
- Flotation devices
- Expert narration by onboard marine naturalists
- Guided reef tour
- Junior Naturalist program
- Free Marine Life Picture Card
- Banana Bread, Assorted Pastries and Fresh Island Fruit
- Coffee and Juices
- Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Hot Dogs
- Garden Burgers
- Potato Salad
- Corn and Bean Salad
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sodas, Tropical Juices and Filtered Water
After snorkeling, adults age 21+ with valid picture ID may enjoy one complimentary alcoholic beverage, including local micro-brew beer, wine or a Mai Tai. Additional alcoholic drinks, blended cocktails or refills are available for purchase.
Fun in the Water
Lanai Snorkel Lunch
Lanai Wild Dolphin Cruise
Maui Snorkel Adventure
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 7:15 am at Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store, located at 612 Front Street, Lahaina, HI 96761
Cruise departs at 8:00 am and returns at 1:00 pm.
- We do not "swim with dolphins" on this tour. Maui County laws do not allow it.
Use of any full-face snorkel masks are not allowed on Pacific Whale Foundation activities due to safety concerns.
REEF-SAFE SUNSCREEN GUIDELINES: This tour requires you to use reef-safe sunscreen in accordance with the statewide band on sunscreens that harm the reefs. Please read the ingredients list of your sunscreen as "reef-safe" is not a regulated term and sunscreens listed as such can have the following banned ingredients in them: oxybenzone, octinoxate, avobenzone, avobenzine, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene, and ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. Reef-Safe sunscreen can also be found in local stores or be purchased on-board (4oz for $13 rate may change).
Wheelchairs: This vessel is NOT wheelchair accessible. If guests are able to walk aboard the vessel (with or without assistance from someone in their group) and take a seat on the first deck they may attend. However the restrooms & upper-deck also not wheelchair accessible and may be difficult for the guest to reach. There is no storage for wheelchairs.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- October: Operates Tuesdays and Saturdays
November: Operates Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- 5 hours
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- 110 passengers