Hang Loose Boat Tours - Wild Dolphin Watch & Snorkel
Guests over the age of 65 are welcome on the tour
with the approval of the Hang Loose Boat Tours. They would like to
speak to you to insure you'll be comfortable for the tour before you
This cruise aboard the Hang Loose catamaran takes you along the Big Island's scenic Kona Coast. Watch spinner dolphins frolic in the crystal clear waters and snorkel over a pristine coral reef. This is truly a one-of-a-kind adventure. Along the way, the crew will share stories of the old Hawaii.
If someone in your party doesn't want to swim, but prefers to stay on the boat, there is a Rider option with a reduced rate. You can make this selection in the shopping cart.
- Catamaran cruise along the Kona Coast
- Snorkel over a beautiful coral reef (or if you would prefer to stay on the boat and just watch, choose the Rider option)
- See marine life up close, including tropical fish, turtles and dolphins
- Learn about Hawaiian history and legends
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Snorkel, fins, mask (prescription mask available), life vest
- Snacks (chips, granola bars, juice, ginger ale and water)
Wild Dolphin Watch & Snorkel
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 8:00 am. Tour departs at 8:30 am and returns to the harbor at 11:30 am - 12:00 pm.
Check in at Honokohau Marina North Boat Ramp, 74-425 Kealakehe Pkwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. View Map
Sign in at the red pick-up truck with Hang Loose Boat on the trailer parked in front of the restrooms.
Driving directions to Honokohau Marina North Boat Ramp, 74-425 Kealakehe Pkwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740: After turning into Honokohau Harbor you make your first right. Follow the road which veers to the left until it ends at a large parking lot. When you get to the large parking lot, pass a small gas station, drive to your left towards the boat ramp. You will check in at the red pick-up truck with the Hang Loose boat on the trailer parked in front of the public restrooms.
- Minimum age is 2 years old to go on tour.
Maximum age (without prior approval from Hang Loose) is 65 years old. Guests over the age of 65 are welcome on the tour with the approval of Hang Loose Boat Tours. They would like to speak to you to insure you'll be comfortable on the tour before you book.
Guests must be in good health, fit condition, and be able to climb a short ladder.
Not recommended for guests with back or neck problems or injuries within the last 3 years.
Not recommended for guests with heart complaints, other serious medical conditions or pregnant women in an advanced pregnancy.
Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- An underwater disposable camera is available for purchase ($15).
Tour schedule may change according to weather and traffic conditions and situation of dolphins.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily (except during the Ironman Championship)
- 3 hours
- Big Island
- 24 passengers